Little things make a big difference even though sometimes it feels like we are not having an impact. This video discusses the little things in life, like when you make someone smile. When we realize that kindness matters, then we can focus on the one on one impact we have rather than feeling inadequate because we aren’t impacting the masses just yet.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel To see all of my video’s: bit.ly/mon-channel
It can be all to easy to look around and think that there are so many people doing big things in big ways and then look at ourselves and think that what we are doing is so insignificant in comparison. I’m not going to get into a discussion about the comparison game. We all know that comparing our life to another persons highlight reel is not an effective use of time.
Instead I want to talk about how little things make a big difference. Instead of looking at what you aren’t doing, look at what you are doing, and how it can be impacting people in ways that you don’t even realize. These small things in life are important and worth doing as much as possible.
Our world needs more kindness. As an entrepreneur if your business is about helping people in any way, then helping one person in a small way should feel amazing to you.
Unconditionally giving support. Uplifting because it feels right. Practicing kindness every day. These things matter, and although they are basic… they are powerful. Practicing gratitude will also really help you focus on the little things that matter in life.
Watch the video about the 6 ways in which little things make a big difference, and how you are probably already doing them in your day to day life without realizing how big it is.
- Be a friend: Spend time with a friend. talk to them. Listen to them. Let them know how much they mean to you.
- Support a business: Show support to a local business or fellow entrepreneur. Like, comment and share their content, not so they will do the same back to you, but because you want them find success.
- Bring Happiness: Make somebody smile. Smiling not only makes somebody feel happier, but it has surprising health benefits as well. Read this article to learn about the added benefits of smiling 11 surprising reasons you should smile every day. To be able to pass the happy and healthy benefits that a smile can provide to another person is a beautiful, selfless gift.
- Quality Time: Spend quality time with your loved ones. Shutting everything off and being fully present for someone is very important. When we are really there for people in an unconditional way they will get so much from your undivided attention. Instead of cramming in as many business or social meetings in as possible, try scheduling fewer and being more fully present, instead of having one foot out the door the whole time. The same can be true with your friends and family. Instead of thinking about all of the things you need to do next, be fully present with them until it is time to get back to work or do your next task.
- Say How You Feel: Tell somebody that what they are doing is important. Tell somebody how they make you feel. Actually giving it words and taking the time to let somebody know that you think they are amazing is one of the kindest things you can do for a person. Giving somebody verbal recognition lets them know that you care about them, think about them and value their contribution to the world. It also gives them a boost that they might really need.
- Be Present: Listen to somebody. Be genuinely interested in what they have to say instead of feeling the need to interject with your opinion. Listening… truly listening is a skill and is often not used effectively. To really listen… hear what they say, hear what they don’t say, ask questions to learn more, think about what they are saying and tell them you understand them.
I hope you got something out of this information. Let me know in the comments below some other ways in which little things make a big difference.
Having trouble taking the next step in building your business? Is fear playing a part? Get fear working for you… embrace fear to let go.